[CentOS-virt] kvm, kvm_intel

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 02:21:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Lars Hecking
<lhecking at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>  Which configuration or rc script is responsible for loading the kvm modules
>  on CentOS 5.4/5.5? They interfere with vmware.

Most of my KVM experience is on openSUSE;  there is no special script
to load the "kvm" and "kvm-intel" modules.

I believe the kernel loads them at boot time, if "virtualization" is
enabled in the BIOS.  (NB: on my Acer 5542 lappy w/o any
"virtualization" in BIOS, I have to load the modules manually).

-- Arun Khan