[CentOS-virt] Can I use direct attached storage as a shared filesystem in Xen

Rich rhdyes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:46:32 UTC 2010

I think the better question is this.  How can I make my 2 physical servers
that are identical into the best clustered solution sharing the storage
between the 2.
Server 1 is the main server and server 2 is the backup server.
This is my set up now.
Each is running Centos 5.3
I have virtualization set up on them so this is the setup:

Dom0
These are the quests.

   1. Samba 1 with 3 terabyte block device
   2. Samba 2 with 2 terabyte block device
   3. Samba 3 with 2 terabyte block device
   4. Lotus Domino 3 terabyte block device.

They all use xfs.
I want to keep the guests the same on each server.
I will start with the backup server. I will go on each vm and delete this FS
and block device.
I then want make that whole 10 terabyte raid into one gfs and then re-attach
it back to each guest.
Is that possible or do I have to start all over again?  If it can be done I
then will sync the date from the mainserver to this backup server and then
switch them and do the same to the mainserver.

I have one more question which is another whole thread.
I am using rsync to sync the 2 physical boxes now.  Is there a better way to
do this?