[CentOS-virt] moving from Xen to KVM

Dave Augustus davea at ingraftedsoftware.com
Wed Feb 24 14:16:53 UTC 2010

Hello All,

I have been building a new server to deploy using Xen. However, seeing
that Redhat is moving towards KVM, it would seem beneficial to deply
this server using KVM as well. This is a Centos 5.4 x86_64 fresh
install.

So here is the scoop:

      * running the xen kernel with 2 vms works great. I have 2 vms- a
        cobbler host and an ldap host.
      * running with non-xen kernel, I can't seem to get anything to
        work right. Using virt-install from the command line, I get the
        response of "Host does not support any virtualization options"
        yet I know it does.

What am I missing here?

I spent some hours last night searching and came up empty.

Thanks in advance,
Dave