[CentOS-virt] which virtualization platform to choose

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:03:16 EDT 2010

Hi Victor...
Me too!...
When the year started, I installed a server with Xen 4.0, with
2.6.31.13 pvops kernel
We have 15 VM on a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 16 GB of memory and SAS disks...
This sound like crazy thing I know that...
All VM runs Windows 2003 Servers...
Now I see that the performance on VM has decrease so much...
Perhaps I would change to KVM from xen???

What you thing about???

2010/7/26 Victor Padro <vpadro at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Gilberto Nunes
> <gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Friends
>> I'm in doubt here: which virtualization platform to choose and why?
>>
>> If I have just installed a VM I choose Xen or KVM?
>> And when I have more than 5 or 10 VM's?
>>
>> Please, I need your help to choose right.
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Gilberto Nunes
>>

> It depends on which clients are you going to virtualize, personally I
> like using KVM for the simplicity to run Windows and Linux guests.
>
> --
> Linux User #452368
> http://twitter.com/vpadro
>
> "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
> understanding of ourselves"

Gilberto Nunes