[CentOS-virt] Vmware to KVM - possible?

Marc Morata marc.morata at abiquo.com
Mon Jul 26 15:32:57 EDT 2010

If you are using ESX/i remember that this hypervisor uses 2 kinds of disk
type (in 4.0.x). VMDK monolithic flat and VMDK monolithic sparse. This disks
types are directly supported from kvm.

Monolithic flat is compounded for 2 files.
  * disk.vmdk is a text file with disk info
  * disk-flat.vmdk is a raw disk

You can load disk-flat.vmdk directly in kvm.

Marc Morata | Senior Support Engineer | Abiquo | +34 93 322 00 44 |
marc.morata at abiquo.com

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Alexander Dalloz
<ad+lists at uni-x.org<ad%2Blists at uni-x.org>