[CentOS-virt] new to xen - got questions, please

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Wed Jun 16 16:53:54 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:40:48PM -0700, Drew wrote:
> > ??If I were restricted to the older machine, I'd explore using VMWare.
> > The bare metal version should be comparable to XEN performance, but the

> The free ESXi can virtualize more then three guests. The limitations

I believe ESXi only works on 64bit machines with hardware VT.  And it's
very very limitted on the hardware it supports, but there's a nice
community that has built out "oem" extensions.  Be prepared for some
hacking if you don't have a supported setup.

But once you've done that, it's pretty good.

--

rgds
Stephen