[CentOS-virt] Silly question about KVM

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 22:35:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Sure, I understand the support until 2014...was more thinking of moving to
> 6 and beyond...

People focus on this a lot but really you might have 1 machine that needs
Dom0 support and 50 that need DomU support. The majority of Virtual Machines
will need DomU support which will be included indefinitely.

Dom0 support is already becoming a pain but either that will be fixed by a)
Xen Dom0 getting into the mainline kernel b) someone create a stripped down
Dom0 OS just for the hypervisor. Effectively this is what XCP is doing I
think.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
Windows."
Now they have two problems.