[CentOS-virt] Need sub for virtual box

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 16:07:56 EST 2010

Hi All,

   I am running Virtual box on a CentOS 5.5 x64 bit host.
The guest is 23 bit Windows Server 2008 SP2 (not R2).

   Virtual Box bug 7606 is causing a customer of mine serious
financial harm.

http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7607#comment:3

   I have tried in vain month or month over month to get Oracle
to sell me a tech support contract, so that we can get some
priority on this issue.  No joy.  I just get psycho babbled all
over about "Reaching out to me".

   I have had it.  Is there a good replacement for Virtual Box?

requirements:

1)  must run on CentOS 5.x as the host
2)  must support Windows Server 2008 32 bit sp2 (not R2) as a guest
3)  must support Supermicro X8SAX motherboard
4)  must support the Intel x5650 processor (6 cores)
5)  must actually work!

Many thanks,
-T