[CentOS-virt] SPICE Benchmark

Alexey Vasyukov vasyukov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:30:26 EST 2010

2010/11/17 Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>

> Greetings,

Hello Scott.

The description above is enough to start SPICE and see it in action on
Fedora 14. You have (a) Fedora host with KVM, qemu, spice-server, (b) VM
with any OS (Fedora / CentOS / Windows - at your choice) on this host and
(c) Fedora client with spice-client.

You launch on host the VM using qemu directly as described above. After it
you can connect from Fedora client as described above. That's it. Everything
just works.

qxl drivers on VM are nice to have but not mandatory - you can see SPICE in
action without it. For details you can refer to
http://spice-space.org/docs/spice_user_manual.pdf

Cheers,
Alexey