[CentOS-virt] performance differences between kvm/xen

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 15:50:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> On 10/21/2010 12:01 AM, Grant McWilliams wrote:
> > So what we're on the verge of doing here is creating a test set... I'd
> > love to see a shell script that ran a bunch of tests, gathered data
> > about the system and then created an archive that would then be uploaded
> > to a website which created graphs. Dreaming maybe but it would be
> > consistent. So what goes in our testset?
>
> I am trying to create just that - a kickstart that will build a machine
> as a Xen dom0, build 4 domU's, fire up puppet inside the domU's do the
> testing and scp results into a central git repo. Then something similar
> for KVM.
>
> will get the basic framework online today.
>
> - KB
> ______

Do you suppose you could get it to use Phoronix Test Suite so
we can start to have measurable stats? We could do the same thing for any VM
software - even
the ones that don't allow publishing stats in the EULA...

I'm also wondering if we should do the whole test suite or a subset.
Here is the list of tests..

aio-stress
apache
battery-power-usage