[CentOS-virt] A question about memory ballooning

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:04:57 EDT 2011

Hi all,

  How can I manage automatically memory ballooning under a kvm host
(C5.6 and future C6)?? For example if I define a kvm guest to boot up
with 512MB of RAM and I have configured 1GB as a maximum memory for this
guest, how can I allocate this memory when guest will need it??

  And the opposite question, can memory balloon be deallocated?? And is
it possible to do this automatically or is an error to do this??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com