[CentOS-virt] Attach USB drive (Re: Where is my qemu command?)

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Wed Apr 27 05:12:14 EDT 2011

Haha, I found a way to attach the USB drive to my kvm guest. It is a
little cumbersome (involves editing the xml conf), but it works!!
Victories seem to be far between, so better enjoy. :-)

http://david.wragg.org/blog/2009/03/using-usb-pass-through-under-libvirt.html

Limitations: you have to restart the guest, and the USB device must be
attached at that time.

After mounting the usb drive on the guest, it took at least 10 seconds
for it to appear at the mount point. First I thought the mount failed.
When I came back to check, the contents was there.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Suvilahdenkatu 1 B 78 * 00500 Helsinki * Finland