[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 and KVM woes

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:24:52 EDT 2011

On 7/16/11, Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have successfully bridged one of the server's NICs to br0, and I can ping
> the IP remotely that is assigned to br0, but none of the VMs that worked in
> 5.6's KVM are able to access the network.  Please let me know what
> information would be useful to troubleshoot this.

Could you try creating a new VM using the GUI tool, then check if the
networking works from it?

I was having problems with KVM and part of the troubleshooting process
got me to try it on SL6, which finally led me to discover that the
command line tool generated XML doesn't work as well as the GUI tool
for some reason. So there's the possibility that it could be that the
definitions created through virsh in 5.6 has the same issues in CentOS
6.