[CentOS-virt] Connection does not support host device enumeration

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:16:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have  "20:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104d
QUAD T1/E1 AFT card" on Host OS, Its not visible on guest OS using
linux KVM application.

I did open the window for guest from virt-manager on my Ubuntu Linux
Desktop 11.04, shut down the guest, then select the "Details" view
from the menu on that window, and click "Add Hardware" at the bottom,
select "PCI Host Device" in the selections on the left, and find your
device in the list of host devices on the right. Then click "Finish".
Finally, start your guest up again, and the device should appear.

I get "Connection  does not support host device enumeration"  Any clue ?

libvirt-0.8.2-22.el5 version running on CentOS Linux Server version 5.6

Please let me know if you need any additional information

Regards,

Kaushal