[CentOS-virt] server host keys for kvm clones

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Jan 5 11:15:12 EST 2012

On 01/05/2012 05:58 PM, Ed Heron wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 15:05 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Personally, I hate images. Provisioning from fresh is easy enough, fast
>> enough and manageable enough that images are almost always either the
>> wrong solution or a by-product requirement from a third party tool that
>> does not understand provisioning ( hello, all those so-called-cloud
>> solutions .. )
>>
>    I feel this way too.  However, many people espousing imaging are so
> adamant.  I don't argue because it just isn't worth it.  Whatever they
> feel comfortable with as long as I'm not responsible for the result.
It depends heavily on the ending result . If you just need a fresh
machine, installing from fresh is ( was for me at least ) the fastest
way. OTOH when you also have a ton of additional applications (maybe not
all of them available as rpm packages) installed / configured... things
might be different.