[CentOS-virt] Network failure on KVM guest

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 3 07:34:17 EDT 2012

> Are you sure the VNIC is bound to the proper bridge? I'd do a "virsh
> dumpxml $domain" and compare the network settings, see if there's
> difference.

 I deleted the config and the domain is gone :( All the other domains have
 the correct settings,

    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='MAC:ADDRESS'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

 I am certain it was bound to the correct bridge, I use
 virt-install .... --network bridge=br0,mac=$mac ...
 But there is no network connection even when I try to recreate the vm
 from scratch (NetworkManager fails to configure eth0).

# brctl show
br0             8000.d4ae528534db       no              em1
                                                        vnet1
                                                        vnet2
                                                        vnet3
                                                        vnet4
                                                        vnet5
                                                        vnet6
                                                        vnet7
virbr0          8000.5254007426a3       yes             virbr0-nic
#