[CentOS-virt] [Advice] CentOS6 + KVM + bonding + bridging

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:50:49 EDT 2012

@Dennis
Good to know, but rather than strip it back to 6.2, I'll just find a
suitable solution using 6.3.  Had I known I'd have these problems with
mode6, I probably would have kept this box at the 6.2 release.

@Phil
Thanks for the example!
I'll have to give mode4 a shot.

This makes me wish that 'work' used bonding on the production KVM
hosts rather than just hooking a bridge to each individual interface
and attaching the hosts to the bridges.  So with our setup there
currently is no network load balancing or redundancy for the VMs (and
I'd like to fix that).

Thank you both for the advice.
Have a great weekend!
Mike