[CentOS-virt] centos 5.8 libvirt disk options

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 20:58:03 EDT 2012

Nico Kadel-Garcia
Email: nico.kadel at tufts.edu
Sent from iPhone

On Sep 27, 2012, at 20:41, Philip Durbin <philipdurbin at gmail.com> wrote:

> how about this?
>
> virt-v2v -ic 'esx://my-vmware-hypervisor.example.com' -os default --network default my-vm
>
> via http://irclog.perlgeek.de/crimsonfu/2012-05-24#i_5632151
>

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to use libvirtd/kvm on CentOS 5.latest to migrate a SCO
>> OpenServer 5.0.6a VM from the old VMware server.

Seriously, don't. Update the OpenServer to 5.0.7 if at all possible, and work from CentOS 6 if you can. The driver updates for 5.0.7 made a huge difference for VMware based virtualization, and working with out of date server and guest OS components is begging for pain.

Have you read the old VMware knowledge base articles about getting the 5.0.7 boot floppy, which can be helpful,