[CentOS-virt] What do you use to provision domU's?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 3 23:31:38 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 12:32 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> The subject says it all. I got CentOS 6.4 installed and then converted it
> to boot into the Xen kernel, using the C6.4 system as its dom0. But now I'm
> uncertain how to put a C6.4 domU on the result. Which tools are recommended?

You can use virt-manager either from the Dom0 server (if it has all the
GUI stuff and virt-manger installed) ... OR ... by connecting to the
Dom0 using virt-manager from a Linux workstation.  See my xen4centos
libvirt article here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/Xen4QuickStart/Xen4Libvirt

You can also use Xen XM tools with the default install ... OR ... if you
do not plan on using libvirt at all, you can setup and use Xen XL tools
(if using libvirt, you have to use xend and Xen XM):

XM Tools:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XM

XL Tools:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XL