[CentOS-virt] proper bridging technoque

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 22:11:33 UTC 2013

Sorry guys, I've tried and tried, no dice.

Seems like I am missing missing a vent1, vnet2, etc... to br0 association.

I can see were the vnet# gets created upon VM startup.

And based on how my VM xml file is set, will go to either br0, br1. br2, etc...

But in my case, the only interface that works is vnet0 for all my VMs.

In the CentOS virtual machine manager for whatever NIC you choose, there is a drop down option for virtual network interface.

For source device, I only ever see a vnet0 to br0.  For my other bridges, there is only eth# to vnet#.

The configs for this are rather simple and I don't know were else to look;

various /etc/sysconfig/network* files

and the VM xml config.

Everythings is set to the same MTU wether standard or jumbo, but no matter what, my VMs network interfaces work when set to vnet0 as its connected to br0.

I cannot get br6 to show with vnet2 for example.  Not even my vnet1 is connected to br1 but rather br0.

However in the UI as mentioned before, i do not see a vnet1 to br1 relationship.

Are there any other config files I can look at?

- aurf