[CentOS-virt] Xen updates / TODO

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Tue Feb 18 20:54:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 07:19:07PM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 04:43 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A couple of TODO items/suggestions:
> >
> > 1) Xen 4.2.4 was just released:
> >    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01624.html
> >
> >    I think we should first update Xen4Centos6 rpms to Xen 4.2.4
> >    to have a "known good" release from the stable branch currently in use in Xen4Centos6.
> >

> > 2) After that, we should start packaging/testing Xen 4.3.2:
> >    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01622.html
> >
> >    Xen 4.3 brings much improved XL toolstack in addition to a lot of other changes/fixes.
>

> my understanding was that we might skip 4.3, and rebase from 4.2 to 4.4
> once that hits the released path

Hmm, I'm not sure if skipping 4.3 is a good idea..

I believe the following distros/products are (or will be) shipping Xen 4.3:

- Next version of XenServer
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Fedora 20
- OpenSuse 13.1

It's obviously easier to live, troubleshoot and apply/backport important fixes
when there are multiple parties doing it for the same(ish) codebase and sharing experiences :)

> > 3) After updating to Xen 4.3.2 rpms start troubleshooting/debugging the libvirt libxl driver
> >    and get it working with Xen4Centos6 system..
>
> I believe Dario Faggioli has some of this ironed out already. Dario are
> you on the centos-virt list ?

OK.

-- Pasi