[CentOS-virt] Finally switching from Xen to KVM - question about networking

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Jun 10 14:03:50 UTC 2014

I had so much trouble putting Centos 6 guest VMs on a Centos 5 host that
I finally switched to a Centos 6 host.

I've not needed more that test VMs, so I've used Virtual Machine Manager
on the old system, which worked pretty well, so I decided to create my
first KVM guest machine. I noticed when I created it, I only had the
options of NAT for my network interface, so I used that (obvious).

Well, after starting the VM, I find I don't have connectivity with that
interface. Reading, I find examples where I need to create bridges
perhaps. Xen did most of this for me, so it's a little new to me.

Can anyone throw me a clue, please?

steve campbell