[CentOS-virt] Xen DomU supoprt in RHEL 7 and the CentOS Plan

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk konrad.wilk at oracle.com
Wed May 28 15:16:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 08:29:33AM +0100, Simon Rowe wrote:
> On 28/05/14 01:22, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > XenCenter still doesn't have a proper, free equivalent that deals with guest
> > extensions and such, as far as I know.
> The XenCenter codebase is also on GitHub
>
> https://github.com/xenserver/xenadmin

I am not sure why we are discussing Citrix's code as what would
be going in the CentOS land is the Xen upstream (http://xenbits.xen.org/)
hypervisor and toolstack.

That is - the same RPMs and code that has been in Fedora for some time
(do 'yum install xen' under Fedora and you will have the stock
Xen code). That code runs with libvirt, so you can use virsh,
libvirt (if they are compiled to use Xen libraries), virt-manager, or
xl if you prefer.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here? Could you please
enlighten me?