[Centos] gpg key

syv syv at 911networks.com
Tue Apr 6 15:07:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:38:44 -0700, Troy Engel wrote:

> (note to listadmin -- is the default Reply-To the sender, not
> the list?)
>
> syv wrote:
>>
>> rpm --import http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.1/i386/RPM-
>> GPG-KEY-CentOS-3
>
> I ran this earlier today:
>
> rpm --import http://ftp.gui.uva.es/sites/caosity.org/centos-
> 3/3.1/i386/RPM- GPG-KEY-CentOS-3
>
> and was able to continue onwards, installing extra stuff
> (kernel-smp eg). Perhaps what downloaded from your mirror got
> a little scrambled? Try that source I used perhaps?

 rpm --import http://ftp.gui.uva.es/sites/caosity.org/centos-3/3.1/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-3

rpm -qa gpg*
gpg-pubkey-025e513b-40561173
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438

yum install lynx

yum install lynx
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Addons
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Base
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Extras
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Testing
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: lynx 2.8.5-11.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Error: Unsigned Package /var/cache/yum/addons/packages/lynx-2.8.5-11.i386.rpm
Error: You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
 /var/cache/yum/addons/packages/lynx-2.8.5-11.i386.rpm
Error: You may need to disable gpg checking to install this package

==> package is unsigned: once I remove the gpgcheck=1, then it does install.

Looks like the package does not have a signature.

--
Thanks
syv at 911networks.com
When the network has to work