[Centos] mozilla-flash & mozilla-j2re

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Aug 9 22:50:38 UTC 2004

If I recall correctly, this has been asked and shot down before.
cAos/CentOS is about Open Source which flash is not.  There was talk
that java might become open source, but that has not happened.

For CentOS-2, Sun distribute a .rpm which works fine.  Does it not work
for CentOS-3 & cAos?

I have a small rpm with 1 symlink which enables the java plugin for
mozilla (requires j2sdk & mozilla).

I also have the flash plugin packaged but do not distribute it.  If
someone wanted, they could create a script/srpm which could obtain the
download from macromedia and package it up.

John.