[Centos] rpm --rebuild problem

dan1

dan1 at edenpics.com
Wed Aug 11 11:08:09 UTC 2004

Hi to all.

I'm having a problem with the rpm command.
I am used to recompile a source rpm with the following command:

rpm --rebuild sympa-4.1.2-8.src.rpm

The problem is that the result is as following:
--rebuild: unknown option

I tried to rebuild the rpm database, with --rebuilddb, but nothing does.

I have installed CentOS 3.1 (latest) and I also have updated the rpm package
to the version number:
rpm-4.2.2-0.14
I have of course installed or updated the rpm-build, rpm-devel, rpm-python.

I thought that it was this version of rpm, so I downgraded the version to :
rpm-4.2.1-4.4 (also all other rpm packages).
But problem is the same.

Does anybody know something about that ?
Else, can somebody tell me if he was able to use the rpm --rebuild option on
CentOS 3.1 ?
Or should I ask this question on the newsgroup linux.redhat.rpm (they might
not be happy if I'm a CentOS user..) ?

Thanks you in advance,

Daniel