[Centos] suggestions for CentOS (project relationships)

Arjan Moraal moraal at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 16:01:59 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new CentOS-3 user, just downloaded it a week ago. I must
say the website is very confusing indeed.

For instance, if you go to Hosted Projects->CentOS-3, you are almost at
a dead end. I would expect the subsite for CentOS there, with all the
news, documentation faqs, etc.

Another thing is the mixed FAQ. Questions about cAos and CentOS are all
mixed up, which adds to the confusion.

Rocky McGaugh wrote:
> The same relationships exist with Apache, where there is a foundation,
> community, and project/product all of the same name, but also other
> projects/products with other names under the same foundation/community.

Apache does have subsites for their projects. Why note create
caos.caosity.org, centos2.caosity.org and centos3.caosity.org? That's
wat Apache does: ant.apache.org jakarta.apache.org etc...

Regards,
Arjan