[Centos] newest up2date rpm

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Aug 17 19:03:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, donavan nelson wrote:

> Do you know if it's possible to setup an apt repository without having the
> SRPMS available?

You don't need the SRPMS.

> As I collect packages I want to toss them in an area where I can share with
> others here in the office.  However, some people seem to think a graphical
> package browsing system is necessary.

If you want to maintain a local repository to share locally (like in an
office or a classroom), please look at Yam. I'm a few hours away from
making a new release and need people to test :)

Go to:

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

Download the latest Yam (to be released as 0.5) using:

	svn co http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/yam/

And look at the example configfile and documentation.

You can mirror repositories and add your own custom packages and let Yam
build repositories and merge all that to ease installation.

If you need a graphical frontend to browse these packages, take a look at
synaptic (apt-based) or yumgui (yum-based).

If you have problems with Yam, please let me know, I can help you
out and refine the documentation.