[Centos] need help with wu-ftpd

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 14:09:52 UTC 2004

Frenando,

I had no problems with the vsftp instructions on the
RedHat site, starting here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/ref-guide/s1-ftp-servers.html

The section on ftp starts here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/ref-guide/ch-ftp.html

There was one essential point that I did not get from
the manual (I had to find it the hard way): any
directory in your ftp server that you want to be
publicly accessible needs to be "executable" by
everyone ("o" for "others") -- one enters a directory
by "executing" it.

I recommend vsftp because 1) I assume RedHat had good
reasons for choosing it, and 2) you have RedHat
supporting it.

Rick