[Centos] Question about YUM

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:47:20 UTC 2004

If you install a package via Yum and there are dependencies, it will
find those dependencies and install them for you as well.  Makes it a
little easier than downloading an rpm, trying to install, rpm telling
you you need something else, downloading that, then trying again (ie.
dependency hell)

Also, if you maintain your own "internal" mirror, our company does
this for RHEL, you can setup your own custom Yum channel for internal
packages.  We've done this to make it easier to update all our custom
packages for our nodes.

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz/