[Centos] Local mirrors and ISP transfer bills

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Dec 4 12:35:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Ed Clarke wrote:

> I'd like to recommend that everyone with some kind of server farm do this.
> The
> local mirror doesn't have to be wonderful - mine is a 200mhz PPro machine
> built
> out of junked parts - all it has to do is serve FTP.  You'll save money in the
> long run and reduce the cost to the donated mirrors.  Someone pays for the
> bandwidth, one way or the other.

Let me add that Yam might help setting up and managing a local mirror.
Especially if you also want to provide the ISO images and want to save
some diskspace.

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

The current config file does not include CentOS examples mainly because
the version numbering of CentOS makes it hard to offer something that
works in 3 months from now.

Kind regards,