[Centos] *very* raw script for a new email server
Benjamin J. Weiss
benjamin at birdvet.org
Wed Dec 8 15:14:48 UTC 2004
I'm putting up a new email server, but I can't afford downtime when I
switch servers. So, I've been writing a script that will take a CentOS
install and turn it into a secure email server with Spam Assassin,
Amavis-new, ClamAV and external relay using SASL authentication.
The script is still *very* raw, and I'm relatively new to bash script
writing. I still have some areas of work to do:
- I need to incorporate the "alternatives" command to switch from sendmail
to postfix, instead of using the redhat-switch-mail and changing it via
- I need to figure out how to automate the certificate generation. Right
now I still have to type in a password at the prompt, as well as hit
<enter> to accept the defaults
- Some of my sed commands are kludgy. I'm still learning the ins and outs
- I have *no* idea whether or not Vipul's Razor is working or not.
- I need to fix the yum "extras" section.
- I need to improve the iptables handling.
Anyway, if you guys'd like to take a look and make comments, I'm open to
suggestions and whatnot.
More information about the CentOS