[Centos] CentOS Remote Installation ?

Mike Kercher mike at CamaroSS.net
Wed Dec 15 05:18:53 UTC 2004

________________________________

From: centos-admin at caosity.org [mailto:centos-admin at caosity.org] On Behalf
Of Sven
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:10 PM
To: centos at caosity.org
Subject: [Centos] CentOS Remote Installation ?

Hi.

Is there a way to install centos over my actually debian or suse server like
an autoinstaller script or rsync or nfs?

I have no local access to the server so that the installation must be done
over remote.

If yes can anyone provide an faq or HowTo for a way to update my server to
centos.

Thanks Sven S.

I have successfully upgraded MANY machines from Redhat 7.2/7.3 to CentOS by
upgrading one release at a time.  7.2 to 7.3, then 7.3 to 8.0, 8.0 to 9.0,
and then 9.0 to CentOS 3.3  I did all of these remotely, but I don't think
I'd try moving from one distribution to another the same way.

Mike