[Centos] question about Webtraffic monitoring

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Fri Dec 17 12:46:03 UTC 2004

Ryan Sweet wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Eugeny Zadevalov wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> MvE> Does anyone know a good open source and free webmonitoring software
>> MvE> which I can use to monitor some websites and build simple
>> MvE> uptime/downtine statistics for my customers (conform SLA's) ?
>>
>> MvE> Any help/hitns would be very apperciated :)
>>
>> I'm using "monit" package ("yum install monit" from DAG's repo).
>> But, I'm also interested in more advanced software for REMOTE monitoring
>> of services(APACHE, SSHD, etc), because monit specific for local
>> monitoring...
>>
>> MONIT could be found at: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/
>

> Maybe you should both look at NAGIOS.  Nagios and RRDtool together can
> be used to monitor, graph, report just about anything.
>
> http://www.nagios.org
>
> regards,
> -Ryan

I only want http monitoring and some RRdtool grpah per day/week/month
with some graph which shows me downtime/uptime.
That's mainly it..no full blown monitoring package with 3d graphs and
hard to install/setup features :)
I run nagios but I do not know how to:
a) montitor a website
b) make some nifty-click-on-this-button-graphs to show some simple SLA
pstats

Michiel