[Centos] httpd trademark issue -- here it is!

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 14:26:26 UTC 2004

Lance,

> 'non-contiguous number component' ????

Compare:

httpd-2.0.46-44.ent.centos.1.i386.rpm
httpd-2.0.46-44.ent.centos.2.i386.rpm

By "non-contiguous", I meant that the "1" and "2"
digits are separated from the main version number,
2.0.46-44.

But having quickly checked the code, I am wondering
why the code made the mistake of putting
httpd-2.0.46-44.ent.centos.1.i386.rpm in the 28 day
lag directory.  (I will have to investigate more.)

> m-e-v-r comparison should have picked that up ...

What is a m-e-v-r comparison?  Please tell me more.

Thanks,

Rick