[Centos] perl dependency problems in dag's repo

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Wed Dec 22 02:16:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 02:27 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:08 +0100, sophana wrote:
> >
> > > I know this might not be the right list.
> > > There are some dependency problems with perl packages in dag's repo.
> > > This is not the first perl package which doesn't install because of this
> > > kind of dependency.
> > >
> > > Any idea?
> > >
> > > Resolving dependencies
> > > .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> > > Package ldap-account-manager needs perl(Net::SSH::Perl), this is not
> > > available.
> > > Package ldap-account-manager needs perl(Quota), this is not available.
> >
> > I posted this problem to the freshrpms list on October 17th.
> > Its probably a low priority for them as it got no response.
> > If you subscribe to the list and post that may push them along :-)
>
> Yes, I've been considering to remove ldap-account-manager, it should not
> have been published anyway. There are indeed other missing perl
> dependencies and Dries is doing his best to get rid of most, but given the
> fact that our RHEL3 entitlements have worn out and his disk has crashed.
>
> Little work has been spend to make sure the RHEL3 perl packages still
> build. (Even though most of it requires a little change to make it build).
> We're waiting for our entitlements to be re-activated, if not we have to
> look at taolinux/centos for building. I prefer to use a real RHEL though.
>
> --   dag wieers,  dag at wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]
Considering how much Redhat benefits from your work it is appalling to
think they do not make sure you have entitlements. But us Centos users
would welcome you with open arms I am sure, and hopefully stir up some
activity for your wish list as well :-)

Speaking of wish lists, the guys/gals doing all the leg work for Centos
should get one going for themselves as well.

Ted