[Centos] How to get 3Ware 9500S controller card working in CentOS 3.1?

Denis Pilon dpilon at dpilon.com
Fri Jul 9 12:42:14 UTC 2004

Looking at the 3ware driver disk here is the content

zcat modules.cgz | cpio -ivd
2.4.21-4.EL/3w-9xxx.o
2.4.21-4.ELBOOT/3w-9xxx.o
2.4.21-4.ELhugemem/3w-9xxx.o
2.4.21-4.ELsmp/3w-9xxx.o
notice... no i386 directory
Plus...the only i386 kernel is the BOOT kernel...please build the
correct driver for i686 or athlon...depending on your system

modinfo
modules.cgz
modules.dep
pcitable
rhdd-6.1
src/
src/2.4/
src/2.4/3w-9xxx.tgz

Try using the the driver disk from 3ware replacing the modules.cgz.

DP