[Centos] yum upgrade RHEL 2.1 to CentOS-3

Beau Henderson silentbob at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:58:54 UTC 2004

I've only done redhat 9 to centos myself. I know others that have done
fedora 1 successfully, and fedora 2 unsuccessfully. As rhel 2.1 is
based off redhat 7.3 ( or was it .2 ? ) it should work in my honest
opinion. I would however perhaps try out a test box first. If ya don't
have a spare rhel 2.1 license, perhaps trie from centos 2 ?

Let us know how it goes!

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:20:43 -0500, Josh Hildebrand <josh at newgistics.com> wrote:
> Has any one tried to upgrade from RHAS/RHEL 2.1 to CentOS-3 using yum?
>
> Is a reboot necessary for anything other than the kernel?
>
> How smoothly did it go?  And how did you do it?
>
> --
> Josh Hildebrand
> Senior Network Engineer
> Newgistics, Inc... The Leader in Returns Management Solutions
> 512-225-6044
> Newgistics, Inc. Company Confidential

Beau Henderson
JustManaged.com - Affordable Linux and FreeBSD administration services.