[Centos] rh7.3 upgrade

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Thu Jul 15 02:44:07 UTC 2004

You could try getting yum from centos-2 and running it to see what
happens.  Centos-2 is like RH72 so much of it is same versions and yum
will not want to upgrade, this should not be a major problem because if
the packages are the same version they should have the same contents.
You might have problems with RH73 because it is newer than CentOS-2 so
in effect to perform an upgrade you would have to install older
packages.  I don't know if yum can do that.

I would recommend the best way is backup your config files and reinstall
you chosen OS.

No matter what you do, make sure you backup first so if things go bad
you can recover.

John.