[Centos] Diff files to be made publicly available.

Bart Schaefer schaefer+centos at zanshin.com
Thu Jul 15 14:58:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, kevin wrote:

> Are there any other copyrighted parts to CentOS 3.1?

Of course.  As I mentioned, most FSF software such as Emacs is copyright
by the Free Software Foundation.

I know for a fact that the zsh sources are copyright by various individual
contributors because the "Zsh Development Group" is not a legal entity for
copyright purposes.  In fact, zsh isn't even distributed under the GPL, it
has its own license.

Similarly the apache http server and most of its components use the Apache
Foundation's license, not the GPL, and nearly everything related to Perl
is available under the "Artistic License" as well as the GPL.

> Is some of the code copyrighted also?

Have I answered that?  Or do you mean the actual kernel source?  I haven't
looked through the latter recently, but I imagine there are copyrighted
bits.