[Centos] NIC detection by anaconda

Greg Kurtzer greg at runlevelzero.net
Tue Jun 8 16:45:34 UTC 2004

I could be mistaken, but I believe that the syskonnect card is considered
"unsupported" by RH (RH seems to prefer Intel's) even though that sk98lin was
the first and probably one of the most mature gigE driver in the kernel. In
any case this means that anaconda does not include the sk98lin.o module.

After the install, simply install kernel-unsupported, and then you will have
access to your card.

Maybe we can push some of the unsupported drivers into Anaconda?

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:49:14AM -0300, Lauro L. A. Whately told me:
> Hello all,
>
>  I'm not able to install CentOS in a motherboard with a onboard 3Com
> gigabit nic (3c904/Syskonnect). Although there's a device driver for the
> Syskonnect (sk98lin) in the linux kernel, the installation program is
> asking for this interface module.
>  I tried to create a device disk, but without success.
> Maybe I'm missing some information about the modules detection by the
> installation.
>  How could I check the modules in the iso image ? or how could I insert
> a new module in the iso image ?
> Anyone could gime me some help on this problem ?
>
>  TIA,
> Lauro Whately.

Greg M. Kurtzer
http://runlevelzero.net/