[Centos] Comming from WhiteBox Linux ...

Petr Klima

qaxi at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 17 09:14:36 UTC 2004

Hello

  several months ago I install WhiteBox Linux on several severs, I was
happy, not woriing about upgrading every 1,5 year as when I use RH 4.0,
6.0, 7.3, 9.0 ....

  And then WhiteBox went black, WBEL updates release slowed down and
maintainer wont help form anybody. Just telling "If you want quick
updates, build it yourself.".

  I prefer wasting time for customizations and/or improvements instead
of things which can be done once and then shared in comunity.

  So, I try to change may servers from WhiteBox to CentOS.

I get a lot of help form Milan Kerslager which shifted form WBEL to Tao.

I just wonder if there are any known issues.

On my test server I only install "centos-release" and removed
"whitebox-release" and did "yum update" from CentOS repositories.

It just works.

The question is if I need those :

centos-yumcache
centos-yumconf

especialy centos-yumconf because it contains same cfg file as yum