[Centos] Re: Nvidia Drivers

scty Library

sctylib2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 18:30:29 UTC 2004

Well, I figured it out all.

The problem was the AGP driver, Not the Nvidia driver.
When I set the Option "NvAGP" "1" it works fine.
By setting this option to 1, it tells the kernel to
load the agp
module made by nvidia not the Generic Linux kernel
which is AGPGART.  Something else I discovered is that
the AGPGART module isn't even loading when the kernel
boots.
For some reason the CentOS-3 installer won't install
that module when I install the distro on a computer
using an Nforce2 motherboard.  It does installing it
on my Home computer which is running an Nforce1 based
motherboard.

Well thats all folks, I just wanted to give all the
solution I found.