[Centos] rhn-applet-gui

Fri May 21 02:44:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 21:16, Lance Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the source RPM from Fedora Core 2
> > (rhn-applet-2.1.7-1.1.i386) and rebuilt it on a Centos 3.1 box ... it
> > built fine, so I installed the rpm as an upgrade .... and it works
> > correctly (shows zero upgrades and launches everything it is supposed to
> > launch).
>
> Cool - thanks - the one in CentOS is from fedora - I guess they must have
> patched it up for the new rpm or something ...
>
> Did you have to build rhnlib as well ???

No ... all the requirements in the spec file were met with the updates

Requires: python >= 2.2.1
Requires: rpm-python
Requires: rhnlib >= 1.4
Requires: python-xmlrpc >= 1.5.0
Requires: pygtk2-libglade
Requires: up2date-gnome >= 4.1.5
Requires: pygtk2 >= 1.99.12
Requires: gnome-python2 >= 1.99.11-7
Requires: libgnomeui >= 2.0.3-1
Requires: libgnome >= 2.0.2-5
Requires: gnome-python2-gtkhtml2
Requires: /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT
Requires: e2fsprogs

and

BuildRequires: python-devel >= 2.2.1
BuildRequires:  pygtk2-devel >= 1.99.12-6
BuildRequires: gettext
BuildRequires: gtk2-devel >= 2.2.0
BuildRequires: libgnomeui-devel >= 2.0.3-1

and I have:

python-2.2.3-5
rpm-python-4.2.2-0.14
rhnlib-1.4-1
package python-xmlrpc is not installed
pygtk2-libglade-1.99.16-8
up2date-gnome-4.2.16-1.centos.3.1
pygtk2-1.99.16-8
gnome-python2-1.99.14-5
libgnomeui-2.2.1-1
libgnome-2.2.2-6
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.14-5
e2fsprogs-1.32-15
python-devel-2.2.3-5
pygtk2-devel-1.99.16-8
gettext-0.11.4-7
gtk2-devel-2.2.4-4.0
libgnomeui-devel-2.2.1-1

Wierd ... python-xmlrpc isn't installed, but the build worked fine ...

and

[root at CentOS-31 root]# yum provides python-xmlrpc
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Addons
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Base
Server: CentOS-3.1 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in available packages for a providing package
No packages found
Looking in installed packages for a providing package
No packages found

- Johnny Hughes