[Centos] Removing older kernel packages

Taco Scargo centos at scargo.nl
Wed May 26 23:23:38 UTC 2004

> I don't know about yum, but with rpm you can just do:
> rpm -e kernel-2.4.21-9.0.1.EL.c0
> and that should take care of your problem.

I know, but I want to know it for yum, I guess it should be possible.
How to remove it using rpm is no problem. I was just wondering what I was
doing wrong.

> I don't know if yum understands versions of packages.  I think it sees
each individual kernel version as a different
> package.  I know with apt they were all stored as
kernel#2.4.21-9.0.1.EL.c0 and effectively read as separate
> packages.
I have tried this as well, but unfortunately this did not work as well.

Thanks anyway !

Taco