[Centos] What is the update version of CentOS-2?

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Mon May 31 23:41:35 UTC 2004

CentOS-2 has all the patches up to and including Update 4 (Q2 2004).
There may also be patches from after that update.  Anything which is not
included on the CD is in the yum repository so running yum update will
always make sure that you are running the latest, and update you to the
next Q update when it is released.

As for your problem, I am not sure what you mean by 'CPU cycling' but
check using the usual tools to see what is going on.  top and vmstat
will be good places to start.  Often internal kernel work which is not
process specific will drive up the load average without a process
showing up in top.  Network traffic is one example and I think pipes
between processes can also cause this.  vmstat will show your rate of
swap in and swap out which is very useful.

John.