[Centos] ftp ftom outside the local network

Ajay Sharma ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Mon Nov 22 17:50:22 UTC 2004

Filezilla does use PASV, probably by default.  What you need to do is
enable the passive ports on the firewall, not just 20 and 21.

I've never used vsftpd but typically you can define a range of "higher"
ports that it can use for the passive connections.  Then you open those
up on the firewall and port forward those back to the ftp server and
you're all set.  I always have funky results when dealing with PORT,
setting up PASV is totally worth the trouble.

--Ajay