[Centos] Updating on CentOS-3.3

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Nov 23 21:28:29 UTC 2004

Sorry to be beating a dead horse to death here... but... in the
archives, mostly the FAQ is mentioned, but the FAQ seems to be 'coming
soon'. :)

I just did a clean install of 3.3. I am operating from the command line.

I first mistakenly ran.. been there done that on WhiteBox as well. :(

rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY

Got what I understand now is the expected errors.

I then ran

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/centos-release-3.3/RPM-GPG-KEY
I looked and the file is in fact there.

And I'm still getting the errors in both up2date -u and yum update.

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 025e513b
Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg
/var/cache/yum/update/packages/cups-1.1.17-13.3.16.i386.rpm

Thanks for any help. Perhaps one good email clearly explaining the whole
deal on this would prevent more of these snippets spread across the
archives, until the FAQ is back up? Maybe? ;)

Thanks for a great release!

John Hinton