[Centos] File permission

Geoff Galitz galitz at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 30 17:59:01 UTC 2004

It is a little difficult (for me) to figure out what you
were trying to do.   But let me ask you  what the
file was called.  Did you call the file "test?"  If
so, the built-in shell command "test" was probably
interfering with your experiment.

Working with chmod is very standard UNIX/Linux
work and perhaps the more generic Linux help
groups or web forums would be more helpful to
you than we could be.

Why don't you cut and paste what you were trying
to do and see if we can figure it out that way.

-geoff