[Centos] software Raid1 on centos3

Dominic Iadicicco sctylib2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 02:30:20 UTC 2004

Hello,

    From what I have hear about the software raid with regards to Linux or windows.
    However, since you already have to two hard drives a simple Hardward IDE raid Card
    could be purchased for about $100 and this would be a better way to go. Better for
    performance and better for reliability.

   Let us know how you do.

  Dominic

cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
how is the stability of software raid1 on a system running centos3.

i have 2 75gig hard drives that i would like to mirror if possible,
that being the reliability is worth it...there will be lots of network
traffic on the server. It will be used possibly as a file server,
it will most definitely be used also as a mail server and webserver.

i would be ok to me to not mirror the drives but this is for my place
of employment and im looking to implement a linux server. im not new
to linux, just the whole raid situtation. i would like to show my
employer how well linux runs in a business environment.

Thanks